In less than 5 days I’ll be in Los Angeles for this year’s Adobe MAX.
The conference is Monday the 5th through Wednesday the 7th, but I’m flying in on Saturday in order to get some time as a tourist. I’ve been thinking about things I want to see in the day I’ll have on my own (with a rental car) and wanted to note them here for my reference.
- Kristi and I saw 500 Days of Summer on her birthday earlier this month. I instantly fell in love with it, and I had also just discovered that I was going to be attending Adobe MAX. There is a walking tour on Google Maps that I plan to use as a resource. It’s great because I’ll be staying at the Sheraton near the Fine Arts Building—why, yes, I’d love to start my tour there.
- I absolutely have to see the Hollywood sign.
- Similarly, I hope to drive up Mulholland Highway to Mount Lee for a fantastic view of LA. Hopefully the weather cooperates.
- It would be fun to see the Sunken City at Point Fermin. Also of note: Point Fermin is where Walter “spread” Donny’s ashes in The Big Lebowski.
- I definitely need to go see Grauman’s Chinese Theatre and the Walk of Fame. What kind of tourist would I be if I missed those?
- I need to scope out some restaurants to visit during Los Angeles’ Restaurant Week. I’m looking primarily in the downtown area for a good dinner on Sunday and Wednesday night, though I might be willing to go somewhere a bit further on Saturday night. Any recommendations?
- My travel buddy, Erin, mentioned finding Wahoo’s Fish Taco, so maybe we’ll lunch at one of those on Sunday. This may also be a good opportunity to visit Manhattan Beach.
Please let me know if I’ve missed anything that I must see!