Thanks to Heidi:
- Canned Sweet Corn, drained (I used one can.)
- Canned Black Beans, rinsed and drained (I used one can.)
- Avocado, chopped (I used one.)
- Cilantro, chopped (I used one bunch.)
- Garlic Cloves, chopped (I used one head.)
- Jalapenos (as many as you want for as spicy as you want), seeds and veins removed and diced small (I used two.)
- Tabasco Sauce
- Lime Juice
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- Salt and Pepper (I actually didn’t use either of these—it was seasoned perfectly with everything else!)
Mix to taste—personal preference!
Thanks to Rachel Ray:
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 2-1/2 cups beef broth
- 1/2 cup pearl barley
- One 15-ounce can small white beans
- 1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- In a large saucepan, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until translucent, about 6 minutes.
- Stir in the broth and barley and bring to a boil. Lower the heat, cover and simmer until the barley is tender, 30 to 40 minutes.
- Stir in the white beans and simmer for 5 minutes. Season with pepper, stir in the parsley and serve.
And thanks to Karyn and Bryan for shiny, new-to-me pots and pans!